All that being said, I admit that when I'm being lazy and undisciplined with my exercise and/or eating habits, I am more aware of it when I am with them. Though they NEVER have implied that I'm a mess-up because I don't do things like they do, I feel a little jealous and sometimes feel despair that I won't ever get 'there'.
I've seen this parallel in spiritual things. When I'm around someone who is pressing in hard after God, running a disciplined race to reach the goal that HE has set before them .... sometimes I feel jealousy. I want what they have, but wonder if I have what it takes to be so diligent.
I've been on the opposite of this equation also. When I'm the most passionate in my pursuit of God, is it my imagination or do others seem to avoid me or be annoyed being around me?
"Lord, as I set my heart daily to eat spiritually healthy 'food' and to keep spiritually 'fit', may I walk in humility. Let others be drawn to You & release the fullness of the truth of your love that draws them to Yourself."

No comments:
Post a Comment