Monday, July 7, 2008

The High Cost of Fuel!

“Drivers putting less gas in tank, then running out”  
“High Gas Prices Have More Drivers Running on Empty”

These type of headlines are in the news everyday.  I had to fill up our car with gas today!  Ouch .... $3.99 a gallon !  It takes a lot of money to get from one place to the other these days.

I was thinking about how true this is in a spiritual sense also.  It's costly to stay FULL spiritually.   It requires that I go to the 'pump' regularly so that I don't run out of gas between the places that I go.  So often, we've not even looked at our spiritual 'gas gauge', naively thinking that if we don't acknowledge our depravity, we can get by with it, yet we run out of gas.  We end up hopeless, angry & irritated.  Not only can't we get anywhere, we can't take anyone with us.

"Lord, I choose today and tomorrow & the next day & the next, to come to You who alone can fill me up so that I can go somewhere both now & for eternity ....  & take others with me."


No comments: