Friday, May 30, 2008

Comfortable to Uncomfortable

This morning I had to get tags for our pickup.  The KS tags were expiring & the process of becoming a legal Missouri resident could not be avoided any longer. 

The process at the Dept of Revenue is always interesting.  Will I have all the detailed information they need?  How long will the line be?  How much money will it cost?  Today I went in totally prepared.  Though I was # 29 in line, when I finally got to the front of the line, I had all I needed.  (now THAT is a miracle).  

As I waited in line & reflected, I was keenly aware how dramatically my life has changed in the past few months.  Not long ago, I was living in my dream home, living very 'comfortably'.  

What drove us to de-value 'comfortable' and go to uncomfortable?  Many don't understand why we chose this dramatic lifestyle change.  It all comes down to this:  I want it to be about loving & obeying God, not about comfort.  When I choose obedience, the uncomfortable can become preferable.  That's the way the Kingdom of God works.  It's upside-down & I love it.

"Lord, thank you for being able to absolutely enjoy living in a place that is uncomfortable.  I choose to obey You today."



No comments: