Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Revival in ME.

I'm going to experiment with blogging.  Nearly every day something happens that I think is meaningful, but maybe not something we will put in the monthly newsletter.  Many times it's personal.

Today is one of those days.  

We were in the prayer room from 8 - 12 this morning.  The 8-10 AM set is called 'worship with the Word'.  The worship team meditates on a scripture through music and responsive singing.

The 10-12 set is 'intercession' when we corporately & privately intercede for a variety of issues.  This morning, Lou Engle, IHOP missionary & National founder of The Call ministry led us in corporate intercession related to the revival that is happening in various spots in our nation now.  The corporate prayer was to ask for Him to intensify the revival as it comes to Kansas City, not just in healing, but it our hearts.

I had a deep longing for revival to happen in ME.  Yes, I want it for KC.  I want it for the USA and for the world, but first I want revival in ME.  I want revival of joy, revival of purity, revival of humility, revival of unity in ME.   I know that when this happens in ME, it will impact my marriage, my family, my church, my city and beyond.  

Lord, I know you know my name and love me.  Bring revival to ME today!

~Lynn

No comments: